While vending machines are one way to avoid traditional employee labor costs, they can also prove to be a large expenditure. This is especially true if they’re continually breaking down or malfunctioning. Launching a successful vending machine business means you need fully functional machines that will continue working for years to come.
Every time a machine goes down, that means lost revenue for you—and disappointed customers. No one wants to lose out on sales and put up an “Out of Order” sign.
That said, there are a number of ways that you can keep your machines going. Here are our leading tips for vending machine maintenance in Los Angeles, CA.
Start with purchasing high-quality vending machines
The best thing you can do is get the right machine in the first place. You want to buy a machine from a trusted company that’s stood the test of time and consistently delivered vending machines that will require less maintenance.
Plus, if one of them does go down, you can rest easy knowing that it has easily replaceable parts and is well known in the industry. Many distributors will have the right parts at affordable prices because these are the most common vending machines around. They also come with thorough manuals that may provide ways for non-professionals to fix them.
Tips for repairing machines
There are some problems best left to the professionals, but there are others that you may be able to fix yourself. Try these tips to keep your machines running smoothly and efficiently:
- Clean and sanitize all vending machine surfaces regularly. This is important to prevent buttons from getting stuck. It will also have the added benefit of providing a cleaner appearance, which will make it more likely that hungry and thirsty patrons will choose your machines.
- Keep vending machines at least 4 inches away from any walls. This allows for proper ventilation and reduces the possibility of overheating.
- Ensure that vending machines are not in direct sunlight. This is another way to stop overheating, which can lead to malfunctions.
- Clean off any dirt from the dollar-bill reader every time the machine is serviced with a disinfectant wipe. This will reduce the chances of bills getting stuck in the machine.
- Familiarize yourself with the machine’s manual. It will provide important information, such as the machine’s electrical needs. Check the polarity and voltage to ensure that the correct amount of power is being used. This can help extend the life of the vending machine.
When you need vending machine repairs in Los Angeles, CA, VSI Vending & Coffee Services is here to help. For more than 25 years, we’ve been the leading vending machine supplier in the area. We offer quality, brand-name beverages, food and snacks to satisfy all of your vending needs. Our products use the latest technology to give your customers the best vending experience. We handle a variety of service and repair calls as well. Contact us now to learn how we can meet all your vending needs!